Friday, November 21, 2008

ALQS2 Swap

Here's the lovely quilt I received from Tina at needles-n-notions. I'm thrilled with my quilt and thoroughly enjoyed yet another swapping experience. I'm looking forward to signing up again next year. Once again I have been introduced to yet another fellow blogger - I wonder how many there are out there. My quilt is yet to be received by ??. I watch anxiously for an indication that it has arrived safely. Too much effort there for it to have gone astray!

This week has found us sweltering here. We have had some welcome rain but feel for our fellow Queenslanders who are almost being washed away. It has also been the last week of school for my oldest who has finished year 12 today. He's hoping to get into university next year. We hope sincerely that he can fulfil all his dreams and do well in life. As a Mum, I'm feeling a bit emotional about it all. Not sure why - fear of the unknown, getting old, just being silly I guess. He's still here, won't be going anywhere for months yet, so I guess I might get used to it. Have to make the most of our time. But in the mean time, while he's off to a party, I have to rely on my friends. I'm looking forward to hopefully spending some valuable stitching time with a valuable friend tomorrow.

For now - I might have to turn off the computer. The lights are inviting in bugs; perhaps a sign of more rain to come. I'm certainly not enjoying them crawling on me - and some of them bite!

3 comments:

Narelle said...

It's a mother's job to get emotional! But don't worry, they keep coming back, just ask my washing machine.

Tina said...

Hi Kerry, fun that you sent your quilt to my sister! I love it when things like that happen. I am so glad you were happy with the quilt you received from me!

Anonymous said...

These swaps and PIF's are amazing...isnt the world a small place? Glad you are in my PIF. Can you please send me your snail mail addy so I can keep it on file for who knows when!!!
My youngest is 27 tomorrow and I can remember when she finished year 12...all so nervous about the results but life moves on no matter what. She is now happily married with a great job.
Cheers
Shelley