Saturday, August 1, 2009

Welcome to the new month....

I must say that I am pleased to farewell July. Despite the fact that it is the birthday month for both myself and DH, it also brought sadness. It started out well with a trip to Brisbane to collect DS from uni for the holidays. That included a few days away with some shopping fun and movies. Not patchwork shopping, more to suit the majority rather than just me. Anyways, we had fun doing it. Everyone was home for my birthday, we had dinner with a friend. All's well at this stage.



It was DH birthday on the 18th which also ended up being the day that my Grandma died. Three days later we attended her funeral. Mum was unwell during all of this trauma too, the stress of burying her mother didn't help. Grandma will be sadly missed, but always fondly remembered. We spent many happy hours together cooking or playing scrabble. She also taught me to crochet and to knit. We can be happy that she is with Grandad and is no longer feeling the pains of ill health. She was 92 years old.



So, as I said, farewell July and let's hope that August brings good health and happiness with it.



I'm busy stitching on some binding at present, so I'll be back soon with something to show.

3 comments:

Narelle said...

Lovely to see you back in blogland.
May August bring you many joys!

Tina said...

Sorry to hear that you've had some sad times lately. Nice that you have happy memories of your grandma to cherish. Hope August will be a better month!

Carin said...

I hope your August brings you nothing but happiness!